Fix: Start Menu and CORTANA aren't working

For the second issue, i’d suggest opening a separate question on eQuestions.net/ask

K. Arrows thank you for responding. I took a look at the link you supplied and I will see what happens when I try it later today. So far this has been like squeezing a balloon. This morning I booted up logged on and my desktop icons and tray icons were there immediately. Just like I think they should be. But I have no confidence that this will continue since yesterday the first time I booted up I had a window pop up titled FSUIP-fail to add tray icon. I booted up again and they loaded very slowly. If what happened this morning sticks I’m good with it. The other issue is that I cannot use the calculator key on my keypad. I have an ASUS ROG G74sx 64bit. This is a key I use often, or used to. I understood there was a new keyboard driver available and tried to install it but was flagged that the old one was still in place and I had to delete that first, which I did. But when I tried to install the new driver it said the old was still there and it installed Standard PS/2 Keyboard. As understand this the asus ATK package is used for the keyboard drivers and that was there previously. Now I cannot uninstall this package and reinstall the updated version. Any thoughts? thank you.

You can use Classic Shell see steps here: http://appuals.com/best-guide-get-windows-7-start-menu-back-windows-10/

Hold Windows Key and Press R. Type appwiz.cpl and Click OK to get to Uninstall Programs.