Fix: Astro A10 Mic not Working

Originally published at: Fix: Astro A10 Mic not Working

The mic of Astro A10 may not work due to the outdated OS of your system/console. Moreover, if the Astro A10 is not set as the default mic of your console/system, the mic might not work as well. The issue arises when the user tries to use the mic of the Astro A10 headset, but…

Was it working before?

Hey, my micrphone is not working and I got a Y splitter off Amazon. Anything that I can do to fix it?

same

Try installing these drivers for your computer: Oops!

Windows 11 updated and now my computer doesn’t even show that my A10’s are even connected. I can use them to listen to audio but I can’t use the mic. I tested them with another device and the microphone does work. How can I get the hardware to show up on my computer without resetting it back to windows 10?

It’s possible that there are some enhancements applied to your Microphone and they aren’t working properly. Follow these steps:-

1. Press the “Windows + R” keys together to open Run.
  2. Type “control” and press enter.
  3. Navigate to the “Hardware and Sound” section and press on the option named “Sound”.
  4. Once you are there Head over to the “Communication” Tab and select the option “Do Nothing”.
  5. Now head over to the “Microphone” tab and double click on the Microphone you are using.
  6. Now go to the Enhancements tab and make sure the “Disable all enhancements” option is checked.
  7. Now head over to the Advanced tab and untick any “Exclusive options” available.

Now restart your computer and you should be good to go. If those fixes don’t fix the problem for you I suggest you install Realtek drivers for your Headsets from this link: Oops!

Keep me updated!