Fix: Blue Snowball Not Working on Windows

Originally published at: Fix: Blue Snowball Not Working on Windows

Blue is a respected name in the world of microphones, it offers range from entry-level to Professional microphones. The snowball model is a great microphone for entry-level streamers, YouTubers and content creators for a somewhat affordable range. Youtubers and content creators for a somewhat affordable range. However, a lot of users are reporting numerous issues…

OMG you solved my problem!! I have tried every fix for this issue that I could find online and this whole time it was a simple fix of usb port! Thank you so much for posting this.

Blue has abandoned early adopters, and says older Snowballs won’t work on Windows 10 (though mine still works on my old computer that was upgraded to 10 from 7). Here’s what they have on their website:
FAQ 30 - I’VE HAD MY SNOWBALL FOR A LONG TIME, AND IT WON’T WORK WITH NEW OPERATING SYSTEMS.
Answer - If you see visible serial numbers on the tape encircling the body of your Snowball mic, then we’re sorry to say your Snowball is too old to make the transition to newer operating systems. We stopped putting serial numbers on the Snowball in January of 2009. Windows 7 was released in October of that year. Unfortunately there aren’t any drivers that can update your older model Snowball to make it compatible for current platforms.

USB 3.0 isn’t necessary to run Blue Snowball Mic. However, sometimes, switching ports can fix the issue due to reinitialization of certain configurations. Always a good idea to switch ports if you are facing issues with a certain device.

how can it work without usb 2.0. you need it otherwise it doesnt fit on the snowball

Thank you! This worked like a charm!

None of these solutions worked to me, so I just changed the USB port. I think it doesn’t work in 2.0 USB!