Fix: Corrupt Files Reported by SFC Using SFCFix

Originally published at: Fix: Corrupt Files Reported by SFC Using SFCFix

The corruption of system files that are necessary for the optimum functioning of their computers is one of the largest and most common problems that users of the Windows Operating System are often met with. Thankfully for Windows users, all versions of the Windows OS come with a highly effective utility capable of repairing corrupted…

You can use PowerISO to mount easily. Try it and let me know.

I ran sfc /scannow and got the following message: Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windirLogsCBSCBS.log.

I then downloaded and ran SFCFix and it said Due to the nature of your corruptions, scan times have been extended by approximately 15-20 minutes.” Then it ran DISM and gave err msg 0x800f081f The Source files could not be found. Use the “Source” option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. I remember running DISM some weeks back in an attempt to fix my corrupt files, but I always got the same error message re not finding the source files. Any advice?

Your system files are ok, which error lead you to this page?

What was the exact message regarding hard disk?

This is what I get from the ‘System Diagnostic Report’ about my hard drive:

System Diagnostics Report

Computer: SPYROS-PC

Collected: Tuesday, February 23, 2016 5:55:06 PM

Duration: 60 Seconds

Diagnostic Results

Warnings

Error

Symptom: The PredictFailure flag is set on the disk

Cause: A logical disk has the SMART Predict Failure bit set.

Details: This disk is experiencing a problem and predicts that the drive will fail.

Resolution: 1. Back up any critical data on this drive.

1. After backing up your data you can attempt to run chkdsk /f to repair minor errors. Do not run chkdsk /f on the drive unless the data has been backed up. Data loss may occur if the drive is experiencing physical failure.

Related: Disk Diagnosis

Symptom: Pred Fail

Cause: A device has reported a “Not OK” status.

Details: The device, Disk drive, is reporting a bad status value. This device will not be available until the issue is resolved. The Plug and Play ID for this device is .PHYSICALDRIVE0.

Resolution: 1. Verify the correct driver is installed.

1. Try updating the drivers using Windows Update.

2. Check with the manufacturer for an updated driver.

3. Attempt to uninstall and then reinstall the device using Device Manager.

Related: Explanation of Error Codes Generated by Device Manager

Manage Devices in Windows

And this is the results from ‘SFCFix Tool’:

SFCFix version 2.4.9.2 by niemiro.

Start time: 2016-02-23 18:13:17.467

Microsoft Windows 7 - x86

Not using a script file.

AutoAnalysis::

SUMMARY: No corruptions were detected.

AutoAnalysis:: directive completed successfully.

Successfully processed all directives.

SFCFix version 2.4.9.2 by niemiro has completed.

Currently storing 0 datablocks.

Finish time: 2016-02-23 18:14:29.952

----------------------EOF-----------------------

I’m thinking of replacing my hard drive with a new SSD one

Are you able to login to Windows in anyway?

I don’t remember the message as I switched it off because it was appearing every 5 minutes, but I run a System Diagnostic Report and I got this message regarding my hard disk along with other minor issues

Diagnostic Results

Warnings

Error

Symptom: The PredictFailure flag is set on the disk

Cause: A logical disk has the SMART Predict Failure bit set.

Details: This disk is experiencing a problem and predicts that the drive will fail.

Resolution: 1. Back up any critical data on this drive.

1. After backing up your data you can attempt to run chkdsk /f to repair minor errors. Do not run chkdsk /f on the drive unless the data has been backed up. Data loss may occur if the drive is experiencing physical failure.

Related: Disk Diagnosis

Symptom: Pred Fail

Cause: A device has reported a “Not OK” status.

Details: The device, Disk drive, is reporting a bad status value. This device will not be available until the issue is resolved. The Plug and Play ID for this device is .PHYSICALDRIVE0.

Resolution: 1. Verify the correct driver is installed.

1. Try updating the drivers using Windows Update.

2. Check with the manufacturer for an updated driver.

3. Attempt to uninstall and then reinstall the device using Device Manager.

Related: Explanation of Error Codes Generated by Device Manager

Manage Devices in Windows

Ok, I downloaded the ISO file - Win10_1511_2_English_x64.iso - but am having trouble mounting it. I followed the instructions to mount it given at How to: Mount an ISO File but they do not work for me. It says to right click on my ISO file and select Mount from the pop up menu, but Mount is not given as an option. I am logged onto my machine as an administrator, so not sure why that is. Another way to mount it is to use Windows PowerShell. I launched PowerShell as an administrator and carefully entered the command and path but that gives me an error message: "PS C:Windowssystem32> Mount-DiskImage -ImagePathg "D:UserskiyoshoeDocumentsTechnologyWindows 10 IS

OWin10_1511_2_English_x64.iso"

Mount-DiskImage : A parameter cannot be found that matches parameter name ‘ImagePathg’.
At line:1 char:17

• Mount-DiskImage -ImagePathg "D:UserskiyoshoeDocumentsTechnologyW …
  •             ~~~~~~~~~~~

• CategoryInfo : InvalidArgument: (:slight_smile: [Mount-DiskImage], ParameterBindingException
    • FullyQualifiedErrorId : NamedParameterNotFound,Mount-DiskImage"
      I have tried it several times in different ways and am not getting anywhere. Any advice?

I had the same result as tracey I have error code 0x85002012 and keep coming up in outlook

I have run the scan after 100%of verification I got the message that Window Resource Protection did not find any integrity violation. What is my next step?

Your hard disk is failing, best to move data if possible and replace it.

Monitor lagging

Ok, I downloaded the ISO file - Win10_1511_2_English_x64.iso - but am having trouble mounting it. I followed the instructions to mount it given at How to: Mount an ISO File… but they do not work for me. It says to right click on my ISO file and select Mount from the pop up menu, but Mount is not given as an option. I am logged onto my machine as an administrator, so not sure why that is. Another way to mount it is to use Windows PowerShell. I launched PowerShell as an administrator and carefully entered the command and path but that gives me an error message: "PS C:Windowssystem32> Mount-DiskImage -ImagePathg "D:UserskiyoshoeDocumentsTechnologyWindows 10 IS

OWin10_1511_2_English_x64.iso"

Mount-DiskImage : A parameter cannot be found that matches parameter name ‘ImagePathg’.
At line:1 char:17

• Mount-DiskImage -ImagePathg "D:UserskiyoshoeDocumentsTechnologyW …
  • CategoryInfo : InvalidArgument: (:slight_smile: [Mount-DiskImage], ParameterBindingException
  • FullyQualifiedErrorId : NamedParameterNotFound,Mount-DiskImage"
    I have tried it several times in different ways and am not getting anywhere. Any advice?

I followed you’ve wrote above and the result equipped.

Did you follow all the steps here? Fix: Error 0x85002012 in Windows 10 Mail App

Well… I don’t remember exactly the message because I turned it off as it was coming continuously every 2’. It was saying that I have a problem with my hard disk and I should backup all my importand files. I had this message before with windows 10 and I got this message again when I installed windows 7 instead! It was a little bit strange though, as I run a scan on the hard drive for bad sector but didn’t show any errors

I wasn’t able at all. Windows continued trying to load without success. I tried SFC scan but the response was that this action could not be performed. Finally, I did a full format. It appears that I have also issues on my laptop’s hard disk. After installing windows again, got a warning that my hard disk has a problem and I should make a backup on my files.

I have error code 0xc000021a and I have tried all the methods you’ve mentioned, except for downloading SFCFix tool as my computer won’t start in order to get it online… What else can I do?