Fix: DISM 'restorehealth' error 0x800f081f

use the iso from teh github link mentioned at https://www.reddit.com/r/Piracy/comments/50gkt2/techbench_dump_windows_iso_download_database/

In the picture, the command seems incorrect but in the article, the one that you need to copy is correct

I can add that method to this guide so it can help others. Can you tell me where did you see this method or if possible send me the link to it? Thanks

After extensive searching on google, reading about the error, seems like simple cache deleting did the job. Really unusual, everything opens smoothly and such credible website like Microsoft had problems…

The link to ISO does not work, any help? Its driving me crazy

I’ve tried that before and didn’t work, the error still there. I need the right ISO as is write in the Note.

Seems like the techbench link has been taken off, try the new updated link using the media creation tool to create iso file.

I don’t see mention on WIM in your command.

I’ve done all of the above. Checked many articles on how to get DISM restore health to work. Been through the first try without specifying source. Got the error could not be found. Downloaded ISO. Twice. Used DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:F:SourcesInstall.esd still got error Error: 0x800f081f The source files could not be found. Is my syntax above wrong?? This is driving me crazy. First Microsoft gives us this new wonderful Windows 10, then it’s corrupt and forces users to use command line fixes. That enough is bad, but then the command line fixes don’t work. If anyone has any idea of what I’m doing wrong (other than installing Windows 10), please let me know. Thanks.

I’ve done a clean install of Windows 10 several times, and before doing -anything- I run sfc scan, and it comes up with corrupt files that cannot be repaired. Windows 10 comes with corrupt files!! Amazing.

My windows 10 start button is not working, also Cortana and some apps. When I executed the RestoreHealth I got this error, hoping that this will work, I’m downloading the link right now . Thanks in Advance!:slight_smile:

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! Best help right here! Sure enough, as he state, the esd version of ISO files doesn’t work. The WIM does!

Try this:

EUREKA!
Ran it again … took 44 minutes (half of it stuck on 20%) but got a “completed successfully” message.

Now, I was undertaking all this because WinExplorer keeps crapping out on me, failing to update changes. I recently noticed that, after a restart, I could modify items on the desktop but as soon as I opened File Explorer, the problem resumed.

This time I ran the DISM RestoreHealth after a restart but WITHOUT opening File Explorer at all and it was successful.

Does this make any sense?

It should have finished by now, but let it run if it is running for 1-2 hours more and see what happens? The - should start moving… and the progress will be indicated by a percentage.

Appreciate the clarification.

But I stared at the blinking cursor for 20+ minutes with no obvious activity … how long does this process usually take?

DISM is global. Doesn’t matter if its the same prompt or not, what you’re getting means dism command is working. watch our for the final results.

Actually, I have the same issue.

My command prompt is C:Windowssystem32>
NOT C:Users> as in your example.

I copied the command syntax exactly as provided (substituting the proper drive location of the ISO.

All I get (for the past 10" now) is the image # followed by a blinking cursor.

Yup …

Until receiving your reply, I did not open File Explorer. As soon as I did, updating on Desktop stopped working and changes made in File Explorer only appear after refreshing the directory.

My point before was my first unsuccessful attempt at RestoreHealth was AFTER opening File Explorer (which seems to cause the refresh problem). RestoreHealth completed on the 2nd attempt when I deliberately did NOT open File Explorer.

But it seems to be a moot point in that, even with the successful completion of RestoreHealth, the File Explorer refresh problem remains.

Can you download the iso file and mount it directly? looks like this image isn’t suitable for your version.

then the file mounted isn’t working, can you send the screen shot of whats in E?