Fix: Right Click Not Working on Windows

Originally published at: Fix: Right Click Not Working on Windows

In Windows 10, you may encounter an issue whereby the right click does not work (or rather, the context menu doesn’t appear). In some cases right-clicking on the mouse works erratically; sometimes responding and others just remain still. Mouse However, if you take a look at the WinX folder all the shortcuts in there will…

Thank you so much. this works for me…

Same problem, have help ? :frowning:

I found that If i change the scale and change back, it right click menu works normally again.

thankyu its helpfull

Shell Extention worked for me…Thank you very much, it was really getting on my nerves!

What we need is a console that shows which event handler is intercepting the RMB-click first! We cannot spend hours to enable and disable one by one all shell extensions!

My right click mouse won’t work on pictures, it works fine in other files. I would be very thankful if anyone got the solution to this.

Cheers m8, worked perfectly.

None of the solutions described worked. Not Tablet mode, not ShellEx method, not new admin user creation. Resorted to resetting windows for the 2nd time. Seems like a rubbish OS with so many serious issues.

Scrap that. I restarted and it works now…many thanks. Now if only I could get Hotmail and google chrome to work!

Not sure my first message got through but just in case…when I Hold the Windows Key and Press X I just get a menu up the left hand side of the screen. One option is ‘run’ but not as administrator.
If it is running as administrator I have followed the instructions above and my right click button still doesn’t work.

Thanks for your guidance, Kevin. I turned off the tablet mode and got my icons back and the right click is working again. You are amazing!

The Shell Extension Manager for Windows solved this very annoying problem for me. Thank you very much for the solution. :slight_smile:

great fix…this did fix a very annoying problem…I have been searching for 2 hours…thank you.

hey,i followed all ur steps…1.disabled tablet mode 2.downloaded the shellx software and disabled all the non microsoft context menu entries…neither worked for me…right click issue still persist…
im running windows 10

with intel core i3-5005U processor ,intel hd graphics 5500…

Maybe the issue is with the mouse? have you tried changing the USB Port where you connected the mouse?

Thanks, this worked perfectly.
i was annoyed by a pop-up notification by intel’s optane shell explorer extensions and this work first try!

Great thanks, explaining how to run shexview properly enabled me to fix the problem.

i too have the same pblm …i have changed the mode but still its not working…
im working in intel i3 6th gen 6200u…pls give a solution