FIX: Selected boot image did not authenticate

Originally published at: FIX: Selected boot image did not authenticate

Windows has made significant progress in the realm of operating systems, especially with their flagship product, Windows 10. However, a boot error, “Selected boot image did not authenticate,” has surfaced, often associated with upgrades, updates, hot fixes, and driver updates. User complaints suggest that this error appears to be exclusive to HP computers. Hewlett Packard…

Thanks, i this happened to me when i tried to use a old notebook to recover some files, thanks god the first method worked

Have you tried performing a fresh install of Windows?

None of these are working for me

Do a fresh reinstall of Windows from a bootable USB.

If the laptop isn’t turning on you should try to use another battery. If the problem still persists it might be related to the internal hardware.
Also, plug in the power while trying to turn the laptop on while the battery is removed.
If that doesn’t work the last option would be to take it to the service center to get it fixed. (the method recommended in the post isn’t dangerous to the hardware if done correctly)
Kindly inform us if it works. Cheers :slight_smile:

My laptop is not working anymore after doing method 2. As I put the battery on Al I hear is the fan working loudly. Any tips?

Method 1 didn’t work for me,after saving settings computer starts with black screen with text “Pres the Esc key for Startup Menu”
En keeps hanging.
Please help

It worked!! Thank You… I change the settings from Secure boot to legacy boot in the BIOS. This article was so helpful. Thank You so much…