Fix: System Interrupts Service High CPU and Disk Usage

my laptop is asus f570z d and bios version is 312

Thank you, but can you tell me do you remember any changes at all that can possibly lead to this issue?

nvidia 1050 4gb and 8gb ram specifically

yup

Oh, I see so basically you have Integrated Vega 8 and a dedicated Nvidia GPU.

No, they can’t change priorities also you didn’t tell me that you have AMD Drivers did you try and clean the drivers like I told you? Also, I am preparing a registry file and CMD file for you to reset the priorities or remove any false priorities if they are set on your Windows. Thank you for your patience.

can amd control panel or amd drivers do this?

no

That’s odd, try using the Disk Checking Tool, Follow these steps:-

1. Open “This PC”, right-click on your Windows drive then click properties.
  2. Head over to the “Tools” tab and click “Check” in Error Checking section.

ok i type that command chkdsk in elevated command prompt but its apparently not doing anything…its been 15 minutes or so…no message or apparent activity in command prompt window as well

sir,the answer to that is to uninstall recent updates…i did that…and did the reinstall windows which kicked me back to 20h2 but didnt cease the lag…also i faced it first in feb-mar this year,…so its verry possible that its microsoft

lets see…thanks for keeping up with me…and i hear that recent windows updates also are causing performance problems

Coz I thought it was caused by the win 10update kb 5001330…but uninstalling it didn’t work

Hey Janus,

Can you provide me a Screenshot of your LatencyMon? Keep in mind that you have to run it for about 10 minutes to get precise results, give me the screenshot of the main screen and the driver’s tab. What you can try doing right now is removing power-saving features for your USB Drivers. Follow the following steps:-

1. Press and hold the Windows key then press the R key to open Run program.
  2. Once run is opened type “powercfg.cpl”.
  3. Now there should be option named “Change plan settings”. Click on it.
  4. Click “Change advanced power settings”.
  5. Now expand the section named “USB Settings”.
  6. Expand “USB Selective suspend settings” and change it to “Disabled”.
  7. Now expand the settings named "Link State Power Management and set it to “Off”.

Restart your computer and check to see if the issue still persists. If it does persists, let me know so that I can assist you further.

what do i do now?

Thanks for this article. I’ve been pulling my hair out with high cpu system interrupts that happen on a random basis. Usually it is triggered when I’m in Google Chrome browsing the web. Your guide is the first guide that I’ve read that has solution #3. I appreciate the fact that you just didn’t state vague steps like “update your device drivers” or “check windows update” like most of the inferior guides do.

I’m getting this error “xperf: error: NT Kernel Logger: Cannot create a file when that file already exists. (0xb7)” when executing “xperf -on latency -stackwalk profile”.
I deleted the Temp folder but again the same error