Fix: System Interrupts Service High CPU and Disk Usage

Originally published at: Fix: System Interrupts Service High CPU and Disk Usage

This is a process which will appear in the Processes tab of the Task Manager and the problem occurs when this entry (or entries as users have reported seeing plenty of them) takes up a large portion of your CPU power. A Deferred Procedure Call (DPC) is a Microsoft Windows operating system mechanism which allows…

what do you mean by changes?

overall stability is there…but the smoothness decreases in middle for a little while (2-3 seconds) and then the game comes to its former performance…the problem is its frequency keeps on increasing…and heavy framerate drops occur with sound popping

So, in case of mine, it was solved by Windows Update (I was on latest, so I switched to Windows Insider program)

if it helps my win 10 is version 10.0.19042.985

i cleaned the geforce drivers…i have amd r5 2500u with vega 8 soldered…i did once the amd cleanup utility

You know what? With all these signs you are talking about, it seems like your Windows is facing a priority issue. Do you have any program installed on your computer that changes the priority of programs to increase performance? Such as Process lasso?

Yes, I did uninstall the recent updates and the lag was still there but it was noticeably lower than before so I switched to Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.630) It’s for sure a little bit older but this is running really stable and smooth overall.

Yes, you are correct I was facing a lot of lag while gaming recently.

That’s unfortunate, but if that didn’t work for you it’s possible it’s a hardware issue but still let’s try to diagnose further and get down to the root of this issue. Follow these steps and let me know the results:-

1. Run Command Prompt as an administrator and type the following command to check your disks:-

chkdsk /f /r

Once that command successfully checks your disk it should ask you if you want to repair the disk, simply chose yes and it should repair the disk for you in the next restart, keep in mind it will take a while to repair your disk if there are any corruption/bad sectors found. Now once that’s done it should repair the issue you are having with Storport as it’s a storage driver. Let me know the results.

Now you will have to run Windows repairing commands, first, we will use SFC to try and fix these problems, open Command Prompt and type the following command:-

sfc/scannow

Wait for it to complete and it should repair any corrupted Windows DLLs/files. Check to see if the issue persists, if it does persists use the following command to use DISM for repairing:-

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Keep me updated and let me know the results. If possible kindly upload your SFC Logs and Results to a drive such as Mediafire/Google Drive so that i can analyze them further.

did it didnt work :frowning:

Ok…lets see

It seems like your network adaptor’s driver and your Nvidia’s GPU Driver are causing these high latency spikes. I suggest you reinstall your Network Adaptor and your GPU Driver. We are going to use DDU to remove your Nvidia Graphics Driver completely from your computer then remove the Network Driver manually from your computer.

1. First of all, download the DDU from this link here:- Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) download version 18.0.7.6
  2. Once download, you can use programs such as WinRAR or 7zip to extract the file.
  3. Once it’s extracted you can double-click on the DDU.exe file. This should open the Display Driver Uninstaller.
  4. Now follow the on-screen instructions, select your graphics card, and click “Clean and restart”.
  5. Wait for the process to finish.

If you are using a Laptop you will have to download the drivers provided on the product page of your laptop. If you are using a computer you can go ahead and download the official drivers from Nvidia.

sir,i have done a bit of research…latency mon points to drivers like tcpip.sys,storport.sys,wdf01000.sys,and some nvidia krnl drivers and stuff…
i know that these are kernel drivers and they themselves arent the culprit…so,i went forward to diagnose with windows performance analysis which shows latency spikes and among others, ntoskrnl has big spikes…the culprit there is ntoskrnl.exe

lets see

Confirm the request I sent you.

my id is Tejas#****

ok…imma make a discord

Any settings that you might have changed or any third-party program you suspect causing this issue.

Do you have Discord? If yes let me know your ID so that I can talk to your privately regarding this issue.