Fix: 'Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost'

I will try to make a copy of it…do you know how I can do that??..I tried to right click on it but nothing happens…not sure how to make a copy.

All I am getting now on PANZER CORP 2 when I hit the play button is a mess of distorted and mixed colors…I updated all my drivers at the DELL COMPUTER website.
What is causing this distorted colors window?

Your comments wasn’t being deleted, they were getting hold for approval. We manually check all the comments to make sure there is no spam.

Anyways, some laptop manufacturers actually release their own modified driver on the product page of that laptop. Some laptops don’t really support the updated drivers from the GPU manufacturers. Try installing the driver provided on product page here:-

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-pk/product-support/product/inspiron-17-5755-laptop/drivers

@zubyangul:disqus I’ve just tried your solution but unfortunately, it is still the same. :frowning:

Okay so here is what I suggest you to do:-

First of all Download DDU on your Computer and boot into safe mode (Check Solution 7)
After DDU boot into normal mode and install the driver you just downloaded from the Manufacturer’s website. Let me know how it goes.

Just because you are on a Laptop sometimes the drivers provided by Nvidia don’t work as they aren’t compatible sometimes with Laptops so I suggest you head over to your Laptop’s product page and download the driver they have provided over there. Check to see if the issue still persists.

Thanks for your help @zubyangul:disqus
I am trying to install the drivers from NVIDIA official website.
The suggestion above, I had already done before by reading this on a different website but my issue still persists. Not only Winter survival simulator, but a few more games I have this issue and I think I read and tried all solutions on the net but couldn’t solve my issue:(

Where are you trying to install the drivers from? Official website or your Laptop’s official support website. Anyways, I suggest you try doing this:-

(Note: please create a restore point before changing anything in Regedit as it can cause some serious issues if not done properly. We won’t be responsible for any issues)

1. Press and hold the Windows + R keys together to open the Run program.
  2. Once the run is opened type “Regedit” and press enter to open the Registry editor.
  3. Navigate to “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESystemCurrentControlSetControlGraphicsDrivers”
  4. Now Right-click on GraphicsDrivers and go to new and click “DWORD (32 bit) value”.
  5. Rename the new key that appeared to “TdrDelay”
  6. Double-click on it and enter 10 make sure you have Decimal selected.
  7. Press okay and restart your system.

Try lowering GPU temperature
I noticed that my GPU temperature was at 85 C at almost full load (90-98%) and the Satisfactory crashed within 3 minutes with this “D3D device being lost” error message.

When I increased cooling which lowered my GPU temp to 77 C, the game ran stable for over 40 minutes without crashing.

Before trying this, I tried pretty much all the methods suggested, and none of them worked for me.

This might be something to add to the article and try out?