FIX: Windows 10 Cursor Freezes/Stuck

Originally published at: FIX: Windows 10 Cursor Freezes/Stuck

Many users reported cursor stuck on screen in Windows 10 – usually, on notebooks and laptops after they’ve been upgraded to Windows 10. The upgrade overwrites the existing drivers, therefore it may be possible that the drivers may have become incompatiable with the touchpad, hence why the cursor is stuck on screen. However, this rarely…

Fixed the Icon cursor on Lenovo laptop, it would not switch correctly, for instance the up/down scrolling cursor would suddenly start appearing everywhere the standard arrow cursor should be displayed, went to Settings > Mouse > Additional Mouse Options > Pointers tab and clicked the ‘Use Default’ button, this resets the cursor icons to the standard Windows icons (instead of the custom Lenovo icons)

Try this:
“First of all check your task manager for the CPU Usage. If everything else is fine, there is a rare case in which if a user is using a wireless mouse and a wireless internet connection the mouse doesn’t work because both the mouse and Wifi transmit at 2.4Ghz and Wifi blocks the input from the mouse. Also, if the CPU usage is 100% the computer is bound to lag. Check to see if the clock on your RAMs is according to its rating ( Reduce the overclock if you implemented one). Change the USB port in which you are plugging the mouse. If none of these work it is recommended to get a professional’s help”

First of all check your task manager for the CPU Usage. If everything else is fine, there is a rare case in which if a user is using a wireless mouse and a wireless internet connection the mouse doesn’t work because both the mouse and Wifi transmit at 2.4Ghz and Wifi blocks the input from the mouse. Also, if the CPU usage is 100% the computer is bound to lag. Check to see if the clock on your RAMs is according to its rating ( Reduce the overclock if you implemented one). Change the USB port in which you are plugging the mouse. If none of these work it is recommended to get a professional’s help

Thanks for the help, but it doesn’t work. My Lenovo Yoga11e is frozen and has been for an more than hour now; im writing this at 5:55 pm and my laptop says 4:35 pm. I can’t shut down, use my cursor or touch screen and none of these solutions are working. I’ve been tinkering with it, but still nothing. Please someone help! What do I do, it’s driving me crazy!!

my cursor get stuck while it starts always and i couldnt find any way to fix this, pls help me

Can you disable the touchpad (built-in) one and then test?

Are you using the mouse on the laptop or the externally attached wireless mouse?

Download and install this -> http://touchfreeze.net/ and let me know if that helps

(y)

It was f7. Mmmm thanks man!

It was the f5 thank you

I had the frozen pointer issue suddenly occur. Very frustrating until I searched (Using my desktop system) and after one or two dead ends (YAHOO!) I came to this site and Solution 1 above worked. What other booby traps await my stiff old fingers lurking in the f keys I can’t wait to find out.

Hi, I turned off the touchpad and right clicking is the same as last I reported. Occasionally when I right click, the cursor moves around on its own then all the folders close. This is much better than before, when the cursor would move around and I would have to press ctrl alt delete to open the task manager. Having the folders all close is less annoying and time wasting then the situation previously. So I think this is the best that I can expect.
Ironically, the trouble I read about that many people encounter. The cursor moving around when typing is something I never encountered when using the laptop alone with touch pad on.
Thanks again
Barry

I use a wireless mouse with dongle inserted into computer and wireless keyboard the same.
Something different happened. I was right clicking on various things and then all the mouse moved around a bit then all folders closed but the computer doesn’t freeze. Sometimes right click works sometimes mot
Thanks

I downloaded and installed touchfreeze. I the, using my wireless mouse right clicked on a folder than a file.
The cursor wandered around until I did what I usually do press control alt delete clicked task managerial and restarted explorer.
I truly dislike win 10.
Since the last update removed programs and reset it to factory settings I have to once again learn how to stop those audio ads from blaring randomly.
Appreciate your time
Barry