Fix: Windows 10 Update Removes Asus Touchpad Driver

Originally published at: Fix: Windows 10 Update Removes Asus Touchpad Driver

Plenty of users have experienced the issue where the most recent Windows 10 update they performed managed to disable or remove the Asus Touchpad driver from their PC. This can result in a variety of issues for them such as the touchpad not operating properly or even not working at all. Fixing this problem can…

It does uninstall the touchpad but you should still have mouse functionality.

Have you tried doing that?

Mine doesn’t work either. :frowning:

… I think you have to install the 64 bit version to make them work.

It works with CTRL+fn+f9 instead of fn+f9.
I’m using ASUS E203MA and ATK Package(ASUS Keyboard Hotkeys) is ver. 1.0.0060.

It works with CTRL+fn+f9 instead of fn+f9.

Hi Kevin - I know you’re only trying to help. But for anyone reading this - DO NOT follow Solution 2. I just did - and have only succeeded in uninstalling the touchpad - meaning there’s no mouse/touchpad functions whatsoever on my laptop. The Asus website was slightly different to what is on the instructions here - and took the instructions on trust. The problem is caused by Windows 10 updates - God knows what they do. I’ve spent hours reading articles that only left me confused - most of the settings in these things do not exist. The result is I’ve now got a laptop with no mouse functions - meaning it’s as good as useless. What is so difficult about touchpad settings???

W10 Home 1809 v17763.1
Did not work for me.

Thank you so much Kevin! I was so close to throwing my laptop out of the window. I tried reinstalling drivers before but that didn’t work because I was doing it wrong. With your Solution 2 it was simple and everything is working perfectly now. Thank you again!