[Fix] Your Device is Missing Important Security and Quality Fixes

Originally published at: [Fix] Your Device is Missing Important Security and Quality Fixes

‘your device is missing important security, and a quality fixes‘ error occurs when installing a Windows update. The error prevents you from updating Windows; there are some fixes you can try to fix this error. Your Device is Missing Important Security and Quality Fixes 1. Update Windows Via Update Assistant Windows Update assistant doesn’t rely…

Still having the Issue?

Download Windows 10 Update Assistant and try updating your Windows 10 through it. Here is the link to it: Windows 10 Update Assistant - Microsoft Support

It seems like you are using Windows 10 home, follow this article to enable the gpedit.msc on Windows 10 Home as it’s not enabled by default.

Step 2 can still be applied

Thank you man, I didn’t know about the “Windows Update Assistant” tool which actually made the trick and solved the issue with Win Update stuck. I was with Win10 20H2 and after it went to 21H2, for the records.

I don’t see the 2 KB files so I tried Method 2 NO GO, still get 0x80073712 error, says it will try later…

My Win10 is the Home version, so it doesn’t have gpedit.msc.
What should I do?

I don’t know how many things I tried (many!) before I finally read this! I used the Windows 10 Update Assistant to update/upgrade from 1909 to 21H1. Everything’s good now, thanks!!

Tried that too. Got this after typing in gpedit.msc
https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/2d0599cd79520e604cac3894c1fe5e834187c1c38b35911a2261d24af1c92490.png

Try the Method 2, It will disable some telemetry and should remove the pop-up for you.

I don’t have any updates :frowning:

Second method is not working and in 1st one i cant find Update KB4100347 and/or KB4457128 …
any solution for me
i am having a DELL G3 laptop with original windows 10 .

I cannot both the KB…
And as for the telemetry method, its unavailable on my device