How to Fix Error 0x8007016a 'Cloud File Provider Is not Working'

Originally published at: How to Fix Error 0x8007016a 'Cloud File Provider Is not Working'

Several Windows users have been encountering the Error 0x8007016A when trying to delete or move folders or files located inside the OneDrive folder. The error code is accompanied by the message ‘Cloud File Provider Is Not Working’. Most affected users have reported that this error message is occurring with an up-to-date version of OneDrive. In…

method 7 work in my pc to reset/work for my onedrive.

This was helpful, Method 3. Thanks Kev

Yes, that should help you but it doesn’t completely remove the fact that you still have OneDrive’s leftovers on your computer besides some people have reported that it caused them data loss when they didn’t follow the steps correctly. Here is the method I assume you are talking about: 4 Verified Solutions to Fix 'Could not find this item' Error

If you don’t have administrative access to your account, I think we are pretty much out of options. However, I do recommend you to install OneDrive again and check to see if that resolves your issue.

Hey Ken,

Thank you so much for your input. We will add this method to the article shortly.

Thanks. I have done what I can without Admin privileges like moving Github and the default source locations out of my documents and that has helped in some aspects. Working on getting the admin permissions back.

I uninstalled One Drive from Control Panel ‘Programs and Files’. Unfortunately that was before I found this article, so I can’t reset the any options on One Drive. Another catch is this is on my Gov PC and I need to retrieve my admin account. Can’t do very much without that so have been trying to work around issues. Those making decisions were not aware that One Drive messed with Visual Studio (with default installation). That includes myself.

Which software did you use to uninstall the OneDrive? because if the OneDrive isn’t uninstalled properly sometimes the services are still running in the background causing some files to be problematic, I suggest you try the methods shown in the article and let me know the results so that I can help you accordingly.

Really, thanks Ken, I’ll try. I’ve had a few folders that were pain to delete recently.

There is one more way to delete these files… create a new folder… put those files in there. Delete the new folder.