How to Fix Mouse Zooming Instead of Scrolling on Windows?

Originally published at: How to Fix Mouse Zooming Instead of Scrolling on Windows?

Several Windows users have been reaching us with questions after being extremely annoyed by the fact that they are suddenly unable to scroll on their PC. Every time they try to use the scrolling function, their operating system zooms in instead. This is reported to happen inside a lot of applications, including native apps like…

Hi, I tried Method two upto the second step, but after that I could not find step three on my computer. I can’t scroll down when I go on to the internet or anything. Like I literally cannot scroll with two fingers on the touchpad. Please help me.

Please send me your Discord ID so that I can further look into this issue. I will contact you.

Hello, i have a very bad problem with my mouse scrolling… When I scroll with my mouse on the internet it does not, and as soon as i scroll i cannot use my computer anymore as it act like when you click on the mouse scrolling. I don’t know if i am explaining it right but i am ready to share my screen to anyone that can help me out with it… Please

Please let me know the model number of your laptop so that I can give you drivers for your trackpad.

Also, a cat laying across the lower corner of your keyboard holding down the CTRL key will do it. It’s how I got to this page. Moved cat, problem solved.

I fixed the problem, except some slightly different windows came up for me. I’m using Windows 10 on a laptop. At Mouse Properties the last tab shown in my computer is ClickPad Settings, then pressed ClickPad Settings again in the box just below, which brought me to Properties for Synaptics ClickPad. That window looks a lot different than what is shown here. At that window I clicked on default settings, clicked OK, and problem solved. Not sure how settings got changed in the first place though.

none of these things worked. Not even close. I’m going to toss laptop this is ridiculous.

Please tell me the model number of laptop you are using.

This worked. Thank you!

Please let me know your laptop’s model number, i think we can resolve this issue by Installing the driver provided by OEM.