How to Fix MTP Devices not Connecting on Windows 10

Originally published at: How to Fix MTP Devices not Connecting on Windows 10

After upgrading to Windows 10, particularly following the Anniversary Update, numerous users reported that the Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) ceased to function. This means they were unable to transfer data to or from a variety of USB devices, such as cameras and smartphones — a fairly basic functionality that should not be compromised. You may…

METHOD 1 worked for me but the next day after finishing updates for windows 10, again the same problem occurred. Can anyone please hep me to fix this?

Try to connect your Android to the back USB port.

Method 2 is awesome thanks so much !

The point of Windows 10 N is to not have the Windows Media Player. Yet we are forced to install it since we can’t connect mobile phone otherwise. Someone is screwing with EU.

Hi! What if none of this methods didn’t work?

Hi, this methods does not working for me, when I try to install the INF this message appear:
“The INF file you selected does not support this method of installation” Driver is not intended for this platform

I use Windows 10 and this problem appear after Windows Update installing some updates

thank you for your help! method 2 is working!

Try this:
“Verify that all the drivers for the computer are up to date. Check if the device works fine with another computer and if it does you should reinstall the device drivers on the problematic computer. Going further, try to put the computer in a clean boot state and check if it fixes the issue. If it does, it means that a background application is causing the problem.”

Verify that all the drivers for the computer are up to date. Check if the device works fine with another computer and if it does you should reinstall the device drivers on the problematic computer. Going further, try to put the computer in a clean boot state and check if it fixes the issue. If it does, it means that a background application is causing the problem.