How to Fix Network Adapter 'This device cannot start. (code 10)'?

Originally published at: How to Fix Network Adapter 'This device cannot start. (code 10)'?

The ‘This device cannot start. (code 10)’ message usually occurs when there’s a problem with the device’s connection to the computer or when the driver is not compatible or is malfunctioning. Network adapters are often affected by this error; in some cases, Windows may fail to recognize them, or they may cease to operate correctly due…

If you have tried the above methods and they didn’t work. Contact your ISP and have them investigate the issue and check if it is on their end. If it isn’t it is possible that the Network Adapter that you are using might be bugged/broken due to electric interference due to lightning.

Thank you,
i my case method 2 worked!
HPE Ethernet 10Gb 2-port 562FLR-SFP+ Adapter

Petr

You are a king dude. I read all the points in the blog and was like WTF. Your idea was magic. It worked in a moment.

No, I buy a wireless wifi adapter to connect my laptop.

Did u fix it ? Im having the same problem with my laptop. Mines also Asus Tuf .

You don’t need the same wireless card for a laptop. Almost any card will work.

This worked for me! Thank you so much!!!

Intel(R) Ethernet Connection I217-LM
I just changed my router to a NightHawk and now the cable won’t connect the PC to the internet. Its a Dell. I have searched for an updated driver - I am using the latest - and the roll back option is greyed out. In the registry there is no upper or lower values and so this sounds like a hardware problem. Any thoughts?

I recently had this issue with Hp Omen dc 1054nr Laptop. My wireless connections vanished and device manager gave me code 10. I opened the laptop, unplug the intel wifi6 card and then reinserted. After that the problem resolved. I didn’t disconnect the battery and never tried method 2 as i wasn’t sure about how to disconnect battery in this laptop.

Thanks! This has been the most helpful advice I have found.

This is only temporary. I’ve done the same thing but the issue always come back a few days or weeks later.

Yes! It worked for me too.

Hi there is suddenly lighting in my location, im watching on youtube then after the lighting im not able to connect, and it says that code 10 error