How to Make Taskbar Translucent or Fully Transparent in Windows?

Originally published at: How to Make Taskbar Translucent or Fully Transparent in Windows?

By default, the taskbar on Windows 10 is a little transparent and changes with the color that you select. It already looks pretty slick, but you can achieve an even cooler effect by increasing its transparency. Sadly, there is no built-in way to make your taskbar completely transparent. The built-in way Windows 10 does include an…

You could also USE the app called Classic Shell, I’ve been using it for years since Windows XP, it allows you to set the transparency and colour to whatever you and it stays persistent, no need to run it each time, it works on all windows 7, 8 & 10.

I’ve also been using it to set my start menu back to WIndows 98 style which is easier to list games and programs for kids and ancient grown ups.

It’s also free but no longer under development since late 2017, further development on the same https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/aa4316261b88c75f3943742d8dc1323cbf702853be80c000d8998cb50a1fde01.jpg code is done under the app Open Shell

Yes, that program sometimes glitches out because Windows 11 is still pretty new and Microsoft is constantly trying to stop tweakers from achieving these things by rolling out updates.

I have a question, when i press the start, the transparency is gone. (im talking about 2nd method)

Making the value from 1 to 0 just turns off the transparency it doesn’t make the start transrent

Maybe try refreshing your computer by going to windows security then Device health and peformance (only works on windows 10)

In my case Regedit method does not gives sufficient transparency, and all other methods I have tried are glitchy.
I wish KDE environment was Windows compatible

Yeah, I know.

It was taken out of later versions but it can still be achieved using the methods in the article.

This is a lie, or simply an misinformed truth. The win10 taskbar could ALWAYS totally transparent. In August of 2018 my taskbar was COMPLETELY transparent! (SEE SCREENSHOT). Then two months later it became grossly opaque. Microsoft broke the code, by removing the full transparency option. It was done deliberately. It was typically stupid corporate move. https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/ca086788b85c5842ec1525f0814a72917d61bacdef7e76c82efee639a3e134d3.png