How to Type Spanish Accents on Windows 10

Originally published at: How to Type Spanish Accents on Windows 10

The alphabet in the Spanish language is the same as that of the English language, with the addition of Spanish accented versions of the standard vowels and the letter N. In addition, there also exist counterparts of the standard question mark and exclamation mark (as well as a few other commonly used symbols) in the…

Yes, you are right they both have different Alt Codes:-

ü – 129 or 0252
Ü – 154 or 0220

Unfortunately, it seems like you can’t really use CapsLock to change do that.

On my Windows 10 computer I had to go to the Advanced Keyboard settings and choose English(World) - United States - International. Now I can easily add Spanish characters in my typing. Good luck!

Ok, does this help you?:
“I actually ended up finally finding the English international keyboard. It’s under “English”, not “United States”. However, the keys are not as listed here, naturally. You press the apostrophe, then the vowel, don’t have to hold it down. you use the right Alt key (holding down) for the upside down punctuation and tilde over an n. á é í ó ú ¿ ¡ ñ”

Honestly, I am not sure that my laptop even has that.

Check if the numlock, scroll lock are on.

I am not sure if there is something with my computer or otherwise, but when I tried to use the “Spanish Accents CapsLock” thing my key board does not allow me to type while holding down the caps lock key. Is this simply my computer, or is there something I am doing wrong. Also, the program is in fact running because I still must double-press the caps lock key in order to turn on my normal caps lock (as noted in the article).

I actually ended up finally finding the English international keyboard. It’s under “English”, not “United States”. However, the keys are not as listed here, naturally. You press the apostrophe, then the vowel, don’t have to hold it down. you use the right Alt key (holding down) for the upside down punctuation and tilde over an n. á é í ó ú ¿ ¡ ñ

Which option did you try? maybe go for the second one and try typing them using their alternative codes?

I don’t know if it’s an update or what, but there IS NO “international” keyboard anymore. there are all the other Spanish ones, a Spanish “Latin America” and an Espanol (United States). NONE of them work when trying to type the accented letters as you describe.