Fix: Bluetooth Couldn't Connect on Windows

Originally published at: Fix: Bluetooth Couldn't Connect on Windows

The Bluetooth ‘Couldn’t connect. Try connecting again’ error is usually caused by outdated Bluetooth drivers etc. due to which users aren’t able to connect/pair with their smartphones or any other peripherals. In this modern era, everything is becoming wireless for which Bluetooth plays an essential role. This includes gaming peripherals, wireless charging, wireless speakers etc.…

Solution 4 worked!!! Thank you helping us!!!

This worked, thank you!!!

I usually don’t comment but this time I would really like to sincerely thank you, Kevin.
Your solution 4 works!
After googling over a month looking at similar answers like using troubleshooter, editing the registry and even doing a system restore. I still couldnt manage to pair my bluetooth keyboard and mouse after removing them.

Solution 4 did the trick. Thanks!

Solution 4 is a Life changer!, was frustrated for a week trying to figure this out, almost about to smash my Bluetooth speaker… Thank you so much!!!

THANK YOU! I was having a hard time connecting my speaker and my phone to my PC you see. It was solution 4 that worked for my device.

Hi Kevin; maybe you can help …in accessing the Bluetooth User Support Services and attempting to set it from manual to automatic, I keep getting a pop up that indicates “the parameter is incorrect”. Exactly what do I type into the box so this ceases to happen?

THanks for this. Local Services solution is amazing . Have been updting driver for a year in the hope that one day I would be able to connect one device to my pc bluetooth.

THANK YOU! God damn, i had this trouble for a long time, now its fucking working! (Solution 4)

yes same here 20-30 youtube videos and after couple of 100 attempts of troubleshooting it finally worked. I tried iobit driver booster to clen up all discopnnected devices and then the solution no 4. perfectly worked thanks.

solution 4 was a god send thank you

After nearly 20 websites with the same solution, finally I had the way to solve that problem. Thanks a lots!

OMG #4 really worked! Thank you so much, Kevin! I spent 7 hours and tried everything before I found your article.

I had some reservations about setting it to the LOCAL SERVICE account, as I had tried that before with configuring wi-fi cards and the fact that I didn’t know what to put in the password fields, but you Kevin made Solution 4 so easy. I didn’t realize that these fields would auto-fill themselves. Recently upgraded my Dell Wireless 1705 PCI-E mini wifi card to an Qualcomm Atheros AR5B22 that shows up as a Qualcomm Atheros AR946x in device manager for the wi-fi part, but I’ve had a heck of a time finding the Bluetooth drivers, which are a separate setup file download and show up separtely as Qualcomm Atheros AR9462 Bluetooth 4.0 + HS Adapter in the device manager under bluetooth adapters, unlike with the old Dell card. I had to upgrade due to the fact that I had upgraded my router to a dual band 2.4/ 5 Ghz unit and I needed a 802.11ac wi-fi card to match the throughput speed. But I’ve finally managed to conquer this problem, thanks to your article. If anyone else has issues setting up the Qualcomm Atheros AR5B22 card, needs the drivers, or needs to know how to custom install them, please DM me and I’ll be glad to help. God bless.

Hi Kevin,

I’ve been struggling with this issue for several days, your solution about local service solved it for me.

Thank you!

Thank you so much, changing the service to “This account: Local Service” fixed the connection problem for me!

It’s been a year without Bluetooth in my laptop. Solution 4 saved my life.

I have been suffering with this for months upon months now and the only thing that your guide mentions that absolutely every other repetitive PC help page parrot DIDN’T is the thing that finally fixed it… Solution 4.
Microsoft is absolute garbage. Can’t believe something stupid like that prevented me from using my stuff. (especially when it worked perfectly half a year ago)

Solution 4: Configuring Bluetooth Services
Its work, thank you