Fix: Temporary Profile issues in Windows 10

Originally published at: Fix: Temporary Profile issues in Windows 10

When you log on to your Windows profile, all of your profile’s information and settings are retrieved from some registry entries and configuration files saved on your hard disk. Corruption of a single file can prevent Windows from accessing it, causing you to be logged on to a temporary profile. This profile can be used,…

This temporary profile crap never happened with Windows XP. Started with Windows 7 in 2009 and it is still around today (2022).

Bring back XP.

good video ,didn’t fix it but you are a good tech anyway .thanks

Before trying this, if on a domain, ask your netadmin to push a password reset on your profile, this resolved all instances for me.

Solution 2 worked a treat… Thank you so much, Kelvin.

If the files in C:users are lost, then the only option that isn’t too good would be to try a disk recovery program.

Hold Windows key and press R
Type lusrmgr.msc and press Enter
Double click Users
Check if the PRVK is available there. If it is, right click and click Properties and make sure the option “Account is disabled” is unchecked

Try this and let me know if ti solves the problem. If it doesn’t then let me know we will try something else

I have located the SID numbers. They do not contain the extension .bak. Also on highlighting either one the right pane - Data rowprovides no information about the profile image path. Could you give me some explanation about this please Wendy

Can you post a screen shot of it?

umm i did the second method and now my desktop files are gone including some shortcuts i dont mind losing the shortcuts i mind losing the data how do u recover the data?

Can you upload a screen shot till STEP 3 ? I’ll then tell you where to go from there.

Help I deleted my .bak and now i cannot get into my account at ALL! it says my password is wrong

The regedit solution worked for me thanks for simple and easy to follow directions!

I’m having this issue with the administrator account. The UAC still works on the local account but when I try to sign in to the admin account I get the notice that its a temp. Do I follow the same instructions for the admin account?

Thank you so much! It was a really simple fix but I appreciate it. When my nephew borrowed it was working fine, then I got one it & it did this. Again I’m tech savvy but yeah when it comes to fixing registry errors I’m going to all for help. You are awesome.

I tried to do that but I have never set a system restore point. Is there a way around that?

Ive tried to do a system restore, however I didn’t have a restore date set up. Is there a way around that?

What do u mean take out external devices

Solution 2 worked perfectly. Thanks so much!!! I was worried my daughters pictures from birth to 4 years old were lost forever. I have backed everything to an external hard drive to be safe. Do you know what caused this happen?

Oh my god. Thank you so much. I was so freaking scared that i wouldnt be able to fix my 1.1k$ computer and i was literally crying. It worked by deleting the non-“.bak” file. This was an extreme help to me.