How to Fix "system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop" Error

Originally published at: How to Fix "system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop" Error

Have you logged onto your Windows system only to find your desktop completely blank, unable to locate any data you previously had on your desktop? The following error may pop up, leaving you baffled and clueless as to what you should do next: “\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop refers to a location that is unavailable. It could be on…

I tried all of these and still nothing. I did an update on my Toshiba Satellite and ever since then it deleted 3 of my folders- which I thought were backed up by OneDrive automatically, but I guess not. These folders show under “frequent folders” but when I click on them it says location unavailable. Is this a Windows 10 issue or Toshiba issue?

Toshiba wants $70 to troubleshoot this issue. ANY help would be appreciated!

THANKS YOU SOO MUCH <3 I DID THE FIRST ONE ( PART 2) AND IT WORKED !!
OMG IVE BEEN TRYING TO FIND OUT HOW TO FIX IT FOR LIKE 3 WEEKS. I HAVE GONE THROUGHT LIKE 3 WHOLE GOOGLE PAGE <3. THANKYOU SO SO SO MUCH !

When was it updated? seems like locations have been seriously messed up.

Thank you very much. The Solution 2: Reset Desktop’s Location was perfect for me. The youtube contains a lot of false solution video for this issue. It was perfect. Nice.

Considering the number of issues you’re having it would be best to just do a reinstall.

My laptop was taking too much time and after that, all of these happened at the same time :

1. C:Windowssystem32configsystemprofiledesktop is not accessible
    Access is denied.
  2. different error messages also appearing.
  3. Desktop unavailable
  4. Windows failed to contact to System Event Notification Service
  5. Startup (accumulation) took at least 15-20 minutes sometimes again log off
    6.user profile service is not available when i write my password it prompts user profile service is not available

please help me to resolve it

This is really helpful, youre a life saver

Thank you VERY MUCH for this article and the solutions contained therein. The first solution worked.

thanks

Looks like you were updated to Creator Updates. Follow Method 1 from here, How to Fix Windows 10 Freezes & Crashes after Anniversary Update

Microsoft acknowledges that the creator update is buggy, so until a bug free update is rolled out i would suggest rolling back.

I tried all methods but none worked for me , then i found this simple method and it worked !!!This solution is quite simple and DOES NOT Require a REBOOT.

1. Open Task manager (Cntl-Alt_Dlet),
  2. Click Process tab,
  3. Find Explorer.exe (or explorer.exe).
  4. Terminate it. (ignore warning)
  5. Click Applications tab
  6. Then New Task.
  7. Enter (guess what) explorer.exe and press enter

your desktop and taskbar will reappear (and your long running app will still be running)

I have tried all 3 methods and hit a block in each one. Please help with any other suggestions.

Method 1 - will not let me restore default

Method 2 - will not take me anywhere when copied into address bar at start, not recognised

Method 3 - will not let me access new profile; I can create a new one through control panel, and made admin, but will not let me log on, cannot create using method stated

I can help you troubleshoot the issue directly. Please send me an email on kevinarrows@appuals.com.

You can get a disk enclosure to transfer data to another PC

None of these work for me. All of a sudden also my D drive is missing which may have something to do with it.

Heyy… Can u pls suggest me a way to save my data! As i am facing the same issue… And not able to open any damn thing on my pc… I just want to tranfer my data first to my hd… If there anyway if u can help…pls…been looking for solution since weeks! Thanks

Heyy can u tell me… How can i back up my data? As i am not able to open anything … Coz my first priority is to save my data… In way way if i can tranfer it to my hd! Pls help! I hv been looking for solution since weeks! Appreciate your help

You should back up all your data, and do a reset.

Hi guys i followed all the steps and still my computer havent got fixed evrytime i restart my computer and login… it takes me to 20min update before it loads up… then i get this error… start button dont work either… please help me anyone i can contact?