(Solved) Wi-Fi Option Missing in Windows Settings App

My wireless card does not appear in my device manager list, and I don’t know how to reattach it.

I’m sorry can you please elaborate on the question I didn’t understand it.

I done all these steps but not showing wifi option but when I typed msconfig in run box then new popup appears
Now go to the services and check windows event log and windows event collector then wifi is there in my setting.

You can download it in your phone or transfer it from another computer.

Just wondering if all the people having this issue bought their Windows 10 key online for cheap? I am having this issue. Its was after an update and I just keep thinking this is Microsoft messing with us for not paying full retail.

Are you using a laptop? If yes please let me know the model number of your laptop. However, if you are using a computer please let me know which Network Adaptor you are using. If the network adaptor is integrated and you don’t know which adaptor you are using. Try this:-

1. Right-click on the Start Menu button and click “Device Manager”.
  2. Now head over to the section called “Unknown Devices”.
  3. Right-click on the Unknown devices that you think might be your Network Adaptor. If you are unsure do this step for all of them I will analyze and let you know.
  4. Now right-click and go to properties and head over to the “Details” Section. Change the drop-down menu to “Hardware IDs”.
  5. Now copy the first ID and post them here as a comment.

Try this:-

1. Open Device Manager.
  2. Under the title bar there should be an option named “View”.
  3. Press it and click on “Show hidden devices”

Check if that revealed your Network adaptor, If it doesn’t try connecting the adaptor using another port. If none of these workarounds work for you try this method:-

1. Search for Command Prompt.
  2. Right-click on it and run it as an administrator.
  3. Put the following command: “netcfg -d”. Now press enter.
  4. Reboot your computer.

If it doesn’t work or gives any error use this command again till the issue is resolved. Keep me updated.

out of the blue my wifi option disappeared
i tried following various methods on youtube to fix it but failed,I uninstalled the network adaptor and now i cant find it anymore .please help

Try this:-

1. Right-click on your Start Menu icon and then press “Device Manager”
  2. Now find your Network Adaptor it might be under the section named “Unknown Devices”
  3. Once you find it right-click on it and then press “Update Driver”
  4. Click “Browse my computer for driver software” after that click “Let me pick from a list available…”
  5. Now select the driver it’s showing there and then press Next and Continue on-screen instructions.

Hope this helps. Keep me updated!

Ohh, So the problem started to happen when you were updating your network drivers. If that’s the case the device must be hidden, Follow these steps please:-

1. Open Device Manager.
  2. On the top options click on “View” then make sure to turn on “Show Hidden Devices”.
  3. Now check to see if your Network Card appears in the list.

How can i enable using physical buttons, I have not tried that.
Also, this problem was caused when i was updating my network drivers.
I don’t think the network adpater is broken, because I have never removed my laptop cover.

Unfortunately, I don’t think so because this is a really common sign of having a broken network adaptor. There is only one thing I can suggest to you right now you might have tried it already but it’s possible that the Network is off from physical buttons on your laptop. If not then the only way to get this issue resolved is by buying and connecting an external adaptor or getting your laptop’s adaptor fixed by a technician.

I don’t have any external adaptors.
Is there any other working ways to fix this?

If none of these are working for you then it must be an issue with your Network adaptor itself. Do you have an external adaptor that you can plug into your laptop and connect to internet?

Tried, Not Working.
I’m using bluetooth hotspot from my phone right now, Can that cause this problem?

Turn off your WiFi and connect to the Ethernet, then follow these steps:-

1. Search for Command Prompt and click “Run as administrator”.
  2. Once the Command Prompt window opens type the following command:-

netcfg -d

1. Wait for the command to run then restart your computer.

Check to see if the issue is resolved.

Check to see if the article helps you: Fix: Network Adapter Not Detected in Windows 10

Have you restarted your computer after uninstalling the driver of Network Adaptor? It is required to allow Windows to do a fresh hardware scan.

Please try downloading this driver here:- https://sudo.to/2ny

Check to see if the issue resolves after Installing this driver.

You can download the driver on another computer and then transfer it to your computer using a Flash Drive. If you don’t have access to another computer then you can download the driver on your phone and move it to your computer using a data cable.