Windows Won't Use Full RAM? Try these Fixes

Another thing that can be tried, that I di, was up the voltage for your RAM.

My Mobo (MSI 970Gaming, AMD Vishera) was using an auto setting, sitting at 1.3 volts for the RAM. Before upping, I was at 20 installed, 12 usable. From the way I’m understanding it, the 1.3V it was given by the auto setting was enough to power one 8GB and one 4GB stick, hence the twelve before the change, Now I’m running 2.5Volts to RAM and running flawless 20

Hope this helps.

I have installed 64 GB of RAM in two RAM slots.
The RAM is compatible with the motherboard and it is installed properly; But, Windows is showing only 1.88 GB usable out of 64 GB; I have tried all four options; Can somebody help me out?

1. Are you on a 32-bit Windows or 64?
  2. Go to msconfig -> boot -> advanced options, is there a value specified in maximum memory?

I can’t update my laptop to latest Windows 10 version because not enough memory. I was advised to use 32 GB SD card but it would not accept it. I tried using a 16GB USB but it did not work. I can’t do any of the suggestions I have found because they all say I don’t have enough memory (max is 4GB on my laptop). Can you help please?

https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/14fed878e5c6748434c06b51c690bbb5b8d08a5a593882e1a2c92734c5e0cfcf.jpg https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/87a4db37a372dddc2226c1d9fd6a06d7667022e2a643343da9a6ca0784c09f66.jpg same problem bro total 12 GB usable 8GB and 4 GB is hardware reserved and i can see in the GPU section unter performance tab of task manager that 4gb is shared graphics memory and it is not being used even when i play heavy games

Very good tips! :slight_smile:

none worked, option 5: check all your memory. and after that, check your dimms.

64bit. Thanks for the reply. It was the motherboard. I had to return it and purchase a MSI instead. The motherboard had an issue where it would only read half of the install memory. For example, when I installed 16gb, it only recognized 8 and when I installed 32gb, it only recognized 16gb.

Is it 32bit windows 10 or 64bit?

thank you very much! you are a blessing from above! step one is just what i needed! thank you,

You are a blessing from above! really help me so much! thank you thank you thank you!
just step 1 and it worked!

The one with the msconfig worked for me! thanks!

None of this worked for me. Even though it reads me have 16gb of RAM, it says that only 8 of it is usable. I guess I may have to just replace the RAM.

which?

thanks for the helpful information :slight_smile: