FIX: Windows 10 Freezes Randomly

Try disabling devices in device manager that the system does not have driver for it. And also install Intel Rapid Storage Driver. Also disable unwanted devices like Bluetooth etc.

Have you done all the steps listed in this guide? I suspect paging issues.

What is the make/model of your system, and does it freezes after you run a specific program etc? Have you tried restoring it to the point when it didn’t freeze?

Did you try all the steps listed in this guide?

what is the make and model of your system, normally most manufacturers such as DELL and HP Provide a built-in diagnostics tool?

I’ve got my brand new desktop with windows 10 only for a month and it has randomly freezing issues. It normally happens when I am playing games but sometimes happens even when I am streaming videos online, such as YouTube and Hulu. When it freezes, it is totally dead, my keyboard and mouse don’t work and the background sounds freeze as well. There’s nothing I can do except force it to hard reboot by holding the power button. I’ve tried different solutions but none of them works. I guess it might be something wrong with the Graphics (gtx1060) or memory (8gb ram) but not sure if it’s software or hardware issues. I can play games smoothly with high graphic setting but I aware that freezing happens more frequently when I play those high requirements games. I also tried some of your methods above but still doesn’t work.

Nothing appears to be attached here.

I think I’m beginning to understand the log a bit more now J)

Looking through my event log I’m getting warnings (not a red Error message) about the The driver DriverWudfRd. I notice that someone in the discussion said the same thing & you said to disable WPDBUSENUM .
How would I do that?

Is my list of red error messages any longer than the normal or are most PC’s seeing the same amount?

Thank you again in advance.

I’m unsure how to read the Event Log. See attached screenshot. The critical ones all say the same thing.
Should I be looking at errors & warnings before the critical event?
Thanks for your help.

Hi. I replace it with the same spec.

I am just getting done doing a clean install of windows 10 and have all my drivers updated and installed and all my apps and games back I normally use and I had a week of no problems at all and my PC would stay on for days with no probs. Now I get freezes and after few mins of no ability to do anything on my PC is restarts auto. Its happened each night around randomly. Once just using Edge, youtubing and second had VR oculus open, edge, mail and another game launcher. Seems random. PC is a year old and running out of warranty in days not that supports any help… I dont know what to try and do. I’ll try link state but its always been on before… Fast starts on but always has been… Really sucks as I just did clean install.

thx

try right click taskbar, taskbar settings, auto hide taskbar and set it to off.

welcome. :slight_smile:

nope, I tried everything. Finally I got an old, smaller Windows 10 image (the one that fit DVD capacity) and installed brand new system. Fingers crossed but my Windows 10 is 1 month old and 0 crashes :wink:

and i try everything but now i have same problem on windows 7 too :slight_smile: mssssssssssssssss

this error break my hard disk. i have now a firmware hdd corupted cod 0 0 hitachi

I did the following:

1. I turned off Link State Power Management

2. I updated my Broadcom network adapter’s driver software

3. I disabled all the Background Apps

Since last night, I have not experienced any trouble at all, and I’m inclined to believe that my random freeze issue – which, btw, was driving me mad – has been fixed.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS

I would suggest a clean reinstall if that’s possible, if not let me know and i can connect with you remotely to troubleshoot this issue (next week)

I don’t have option “hardware acceleration” in display settings (windows 10 pro) and I already checked every possibility found in internet but it’s nowhere to be found. My drivers are up to date for my Radeon as said by Catalyst. I checked twice and only change is that it freezes for 5minutes every 15seconds and not permanently.
As I like windows 10 very much I’m so eager to have my computer working that I will go back to 8.1 or 7 even. But it’s peculiar that after 1,5 year suddenly my hardware and all settings are not good enough even for fresh installation of 10.