How to Fix Error 0xc000007b "Application was unable to start correctly"?

Try downloading this file and running it:- Latest Visual C++ Redistributable Runtimes All-in-One Feb 2024 Download | TechPowerUp

Wait till the process is over, once it’s finished you will be able to play the games as usual. If that doesn’t work for you try re-installing the games so that their DLL and files match the architecture of your Operating System.

Are you playing Squad from the Steam? Try verifying the integrity of the game, follow these steps:-

1. Open Steam
  2. Head over to Library, right-click on the Squad, click Properties.
  3. Now go to the section named “Local Files”, click “Verify integrity of game files”.

This option should repair your game and Install the redists required In order to run the game. If that doesn’t work for you, you will have to try re-install the whole game.

Unfortunately, you can’t increase the FPS because of hardware and emulation limitations. There is only one thing that you can try to enable Virtualization technology from your BIOS here is the link to article that you can follow: VT-X is Disabled in the Bios for All CPU Modes [5 Easy Methods]

Your computer must be lacking the redistributables that are required to run this game. Follow these steps, please:-

1. First of all download this all-in-one VC Redists Installer from this link here: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/798652558351794196/820603647082889226/VisualCppRedist_AIO_x86_x64.exe
  2. Once It’s downloaded go ahead and uninstall all the VC Redists from your computer you can do that by going to Program and features from Control Panel.
  3. After uninstalling them, restart your computer.
  4. Now right-click on the setup file and run it as an administrator.
  5. Now wait for the whole process to download and install fresh, new redists on your computer.
  6. Try to play the game now. If it doesn’t work you can try reinstalling the game from the same source.

If that doesn’t work out for you it’s possible that the game cannot be copied directly to another PC as it’s not a portable game, you will have to download the game and then install it separately on that computer. If you don’t have the internet on your computer you can actually download the game on your laptop and then transfer the setup files. After transferring the setup files simply install the game and it should work.

Hello there. I’ve tried all of the methods above but i can’t get my game to work. The game i’'m trying to run is called ‘‘Sims 4’’ and i got it from ‘‘abrokegamer’’. it worked perfectly fine on my laptop and my external disc but now that i’m trying to transfer it to my computer it first said that ‘‘api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll was missing’’ and after i resolved that issue a message popped up saying that ‘‘the application was unable to start corectly (0xc000007b)’’. I’m trying to transfer the game to a pc with Windows 7 ultimate , 64-bit operating system.

Ohh, This seems like an architecture issue indeed. Follow these steps below then check to see if you can run the game:-

1. First of all download this all in one VC Redists Installer from this link here: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/798652558351794196/820603647082889226/VisualCppRedist_AIO_x86_x64.exe

2. Once It’s downloaded go ahead and uninstall all the VC Redists from your computer you can do that by go to Program and features from Control Panel.

3. After uninstalling them restart your computer.

4. Now right-click on the setup file and run it as an administrator.

5. Now wait for the whole process to download and install fresh, new redists on your computer.

6. Try to play the game now. If it doesn’t work you can try reinstalling the game from the same source.

My friend downloaded it on Steamunlocked and he tried to give it to me as a gift on my laptop. It runs obviously on his laptop but not mine. My laptop is a 64 bit architecture and I heard that the game is built for 32 bit architecture computers. If that’s the case, is it somehow possible to run the game?

Hey Hmzlrq Hazard,

I can understand that it can be really frustrating because I used to play that game as well, can you tell me where you downloaded that game from? There are two reasons for this error code to pop up either it’s not the correct architecture for you or the game you have downloaded is corrupted now and you will have to re-install the game. Don’t try to install with the old setup as it’s possible that the setup files are corrupted as well. Download a fresh setup installer and install the game from that setup. Also, was the game running before?

Thanksss method 6 worked for me :slight_smile:

Method 6 Help me :)))))

thank you so much! no.7 vc redist fix my error splendidly. i’ve been struggling with this error for 3 days straight. now i can finally relieved from all those stress

it is asking fo permisson to paste it how do i get permisson

Can somebody write a program to fix this sh1t thats been wrecking Skyrim & Mods for many years?
It must be 6,000 times that error message has come up for Skyrim.

My 850 other Steam games on this rig work fine…

my system is 64 and assassins creed unity is 86
what do i do
pls do something
i love assassins creed

yes

Have you performed all the steps mentioned above?

someone pls help. I tried all the methods but it doesnt work.
i havent been able to play at least 3 games due to this.
pls help!!!

im @ method 2 it wont let me delete the files

anythink (windows 8.1 pro (activated
) 64 bit

yesterday my prince of persia the forgetten sands wasnot today its run